Sunbeam Developmental Resource Centre (SDRC) acts as the single point of access to developmental services for children and youth in Waterloo Region. As such, SDRC will collect information and determine eligibility for children and youth under the age of 18 for Ministry of Child, Community & Social Services (MCCSS) funded developmental service programs.
We provide information and assistance in accessing developmental services to parents and care providers of children between the ages of birth and 18 years. We also provide information to community members and professionals regarding developmental supports and services in our regions.
When you contact, we will:
- Listen to you and your concerns
- Determine your child’s eligibility for SDRC services
- Ask questions to ensure that we understand your child’s needs
- Meet with you to provide an overview of the services offered through SDRC
- Provide you with information on community supports and services that may be of assistance to you
- help to facilitate referrals where appropriate