As announced by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) on August 4, 2020, the Ontario Autism Program (OAP) now offers Foundational Family Services. The purpose of this program is to build a family’s capacity to support their child with Autism to learn and develop. Sunbeam Developmental Resource Centre (SDRC) now offers these Foundational Family Services as part of their OAP program. For more information, please visit the MCCSS’s website.
Through the OAP, these services are to be offered in a variety of ways including:
- Family and peer mentoring
- Caregiver workshops and coaching sessions
- Brief targeted consultations
- Transition supports
- Family resource and clinic days
To register your child for SDRC’s Foundational Family Services:
- If you are currently receiving services from us, please call 519-741-1121 and ask to speak with your worker (e.g., Service Coordinator, Resource Support Worker, Coordinated Service Planner, Social Worker, Behaviour Consultant, Speech Consultant).
- If you are not connected to our agency, please call 519-741-1121 and ask to speak with intake.