Health Care Consultation
Sunbeam Developmental Resource Centre’s Health Care Consultant (a Registered Nurse) offers health care assessment, consultation, recommendations and training on a wide variety of medical issues for individuals and their care providers who live in the Region of Waterloo. There is no age restriction.
The Health Care Consultant can assist with the following:
- Consultation related to a new medical diagnosis
- Consultation related to a change in health due to aging and long-term planning
- Consultation related to medication regime for physical or mental health issues
- Consultation related to nutrition, healthy eating, weight loss or weight gain
- Consultation on how to manage a palliative care situation
- Individual referrals may be augmented with workshops or in-services.
- Consultation on how to provide sexual health and safety education at home
Additionally, the Health Care Consultant can provide educational sessions on a variety of health related topics and Controlled Act training.