Dates: Part 1: Thursday, October 13, 2022
Part 2 – Thursday October 20, 2022
Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
Register By: October 11, 2022
Presenter: Stuart Lamont B.SD., RSSW
Individuals with autism typically do not learn many social skills by simply observing others in a social context. Parents and caregivers need to understand this. This workshop provides strategies, resources and educational materials to help parents and caregivers understand the difficulties in teaching someone with autism social skills. Topics covered include:
- Developing an Action Plan
- Identifying Core Skills
- Developing a Social Skills Profile
- Generating Useful Strategies
- Exploring Ways to Observe Behaviour & Identify Alternative Behaviour
- Understanding Behaviour within the Context of Social Skills
A model of Skill Learning will be presented.
This is a 2-part course. You must take Part One to understand Part Two.
Appropriate For: Parents and Caregivers of Children/Youth/Adults
Bookings are closed for this event.